Monday, March 23, 2009

Australian Women's Amateur

In my last post I mentioned that one of my students, Tsai Pei-Ying, was playing in the Australian Women's Amateur. The stroke play section ended on Saturday and Tsai Pei-Ying shot rounds of 74, 74, 73, 73 to finish in third place, four strokes behind Julia Boland. The final scores are here. She will be playing in the matchplay section starting on Monday at Royal Queensland Golf Club. The matchplay section is for the Top 32 players from the stroke play section and is a knock out until one player is left. This player is the Australian Women's Amateur champion.

I spoke to her on MSN tonight and she is a little concerned about the golf course for the matchplay. She played the stroke play section at Brisbane Golf Club but the matchplay is at Royal Queensland. She played a practice round there after the men finished their final round and she told me that the course is a lot different to Brisbane Golf Club. There are a lot of bunkers, the greens are fairly undulating and some of the greens have little run off areas that make it tough to get close to the hole. She also has not played much matchplay so she is a little worried about this section. We spoke about how golf is golf and there shouldn't be much difference between stroke and match play. We spoke about sticking to her plan, keeping the ball under the hole as much as possible and not worrying too much about the other player. Hopefully she plays well and you can watch the scores on the Golf Australia website.

Until next time,

Brent

1 comment:

  1. this is erika

    I hope she can play well in the game too. I saw the result for 3/23. she won~ great^^♪ I'm happy.
    I have to work hard too.

    ReplyDelete