Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Faldo Series/Australian Women's Amateur

Some of my students are currently in China for the Faldo Series final at Mission Hills. They flew from Taiwan to China yesterday and were playing a practice round today. I spoke to a couple of them on MSN last night and reminded them them to make sure they do their yardage books and plans while they played the practice round. We focus fairly hard on preparation during tournaments and because I am not travelling with them this week I like to make sure they still do what they are meant to do. I will hopefully catch some of them online tonight so we can go through any questions/problems they might have so they are all ready to play when the first round starts tomorrow. I will let you know scores as the tournament progresses.

As you already know, Tsai Pei-Ying is in Australia playing the Women's Australian Amateur. I am pleased to say that she has progressed through the matchplay to be playing in the 36 hole final tomorrow. She won her first two matches on Monday 3&2 and 3&1. She won her quarter final match this morning 1 up after chipping in on the 17th hole to get back to square and winning the 18th hole with a par. She then played Julia Boland (the stroke play champion) in the semi-final and managed to win 3&1 in that match. I spoke to her quickly on the phone and she was very excited about her results so far. I will make sure we speak on MSN tonight so she can tell me all about the good golf and then we can refocus her for the final tomorrow. Live score updates will be here.

Until next time,

Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment